Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Steampunk Mixed Media

 

Sandy here with you today with my second try at a mixed media canvas.  I began with the wonderful Mini Steampunk Airship Kit.  Using Vintage Black, Vintage Copper and Vintage Gold Piccolo Enamel, I heat embossed the various pieces of the ship.  I only wanted to use 1/2 of the airship for my project as I wanted one side to be flat for adhering to my canvas.  I added a couple of extra gears for more dimension inside the globe.  And I added a Steampunk Airship Accent to the nose of my ship.  I set that aside. 


Next I went to work on my 9 x 12 inch canvas.  I used a huge amount of Piccolo's on this canvas.  It was great fun to mix them up and layer them.  I am not sure I can list them all but will try at the end of this post.  I started with the two bubble backgrounds.  I added three mesh borders from Cheery Lynn Designs and then just filled in all the other spots.  The bottle cap, flowers and clothespin are the only other items that are not Piccolos.



I used my Copic airbrush to add color.  I did not have any shimmer paints in the colors I wanted.  I did add some shimmer mist over the background when I was done coloring to add a bit of sparkle.  The last step was to add my Airship and I found out that I had not chosen wisely with my embossing powders.  But I took my Copic marker that I used to airbrush the copper color and colored over the embossing powder on the frame of the ship so it now matches.

Piccolo's used:

Cheery Lynn Designs

6 comments:

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Sandy This is so cool. Your so good at mixed media and all these piccolos look great layer on it. The airship looks so cool on it too. Very striking

maggiegracecreates said...

This is awesome. I love the colors and the dimension

leslierahye strickland said...

So fun! Look at you getting all artsy fartsy! Love this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome, love the colors and variety of piccolos. It has such wonderful depth, what a wonderful background for the Airship.

Tracy said...

Oh wow this is just fantastic !

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Love all the texture you created with the Piccolos!