Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Globecraft Snowflake Ornament



So the team has shown you lots of fabulous projects with our Piccolo bookboard pieces but what about the Globecraft products.  Well, they contain clear bubble half globes that have pre-cut pieces that fit in them or blanks for you to fill as you wish.  For today I have created a Snowflake Ornament, suitable for hanging in a window or on your holiday tree.  We had horrible weather in mid-Michigan today, so I was not able to get an outdoor picture to cut down on the glare. 
This set comes with 5 pieces: the center frame that has the snowflake attached, 2 outer frames and 2 clear bubbles.  The picture above shows you the parts of a blank ornament (no snowflake on this one)


I started by applying Light Blue 3D Stamp Paint on both sides and the edges of the piece with the snowflake as well as the edges of the two frame pieces.  I used a soft foam dauber and it gave the paint a lovely texture.  Then I heat embossed the two frame pieces with Turquoise Lagoon Enamel powder. 


Using a paint brush, I applied Enamel Powder Adhesive just to the snowflake portion of the center frame and embossed with Siam Silver Enamel.  Do this on both sides of the snowflake.  Next I glued a globe to one of the embossed frames and then glued that down on the Snowflake center piece.  It really helps to use clips around the edge to be sure this seals completely.  Once it was dry, I added some snow inside the globe and then finished the assembly; second globe glued to embossed frame, then glued down on the snowflake center piece.  Clipped together until dry.

 
Here is a side shot showing the globe on both sides and the snow nestled in the bottom.  These are great fun to make and lots of ways to decorate.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to create!

3 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Burrrrr, it is cold here in Michigan. Love the ornament with the snow inside, it's perfect for this time of year.

Stacey Richardson, SweetStamps.com said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkle and the snow inside the bubbles!

Roxie said...

An awesome creation,I like it!